Friday, January 14, 2011

1st post

I have officially joined the blogging world!
I’ll start with some introductions and why I have started this blog.  My name is Ashley Van Alstyne and I am currently enrolled in the honours concurrent education program at Lakehead University with a French major.  I plan on teaching at the high school level and my second teachable is the social sciences which is why I have chosen to take a Philosophy class.  This blog is where I will be posting my critical responses for articles that I will read in PHIL2715 a.k.a. philosophy of the Internet.  Here, other class members will also make comments on my article analysis and I will provide further readings/teaching aids and questions to promote discussion.  If I catch the blogging ‘bug’ I may even add the odd random post or thoughts on the internet and technology.  I’ll start with an interesting link I came across on discovery news.  As an aspiring teacher I find it really interesting to think I may have to compete with a robot for a job…http://news.discovery.com/tech/south-korea-schools-get-robot-english-teachers.html

No comments:

Post a Comment